CC004835D: Programming in C# (4.5-Day Class. $2,500.00 per student)
Contact us for 2015 dates or to schedule a private training for your group
This training course teaches developers the programming skills that are required for developers to create Windows applications using the Visual C# language. During their four and a half days in the classroom students review the basics of Visual C# program structure, language syntax, and implementation details, and then consolidate their knowledge throughout the week as they build an application that incorporates several features of the .NET Framework 4.5. This class prepares students for the Microsoft Exam 70-483
Before attending this course, students must have at least three months professional development experience. Additionally, developers attending this course should already have gained some limited experience using Visual C# to complete basic programming tasks. More specifically, students should have hands-on experience using Visual C# that demonstrates their understanding of the following:
- How to name, declare, initialize and assign values to variables within an application.
- How to use:
- Arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables.
- Relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions.
- Logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators.
- How to create the code syntax for simple programming statements using Visual C# language keywords and recognize syntax errors by using the Visual Studio IDE.
- How to create a simple branching structure using an if statement.
- How to create a simple looping structure using a for statement to iterate through a data array.
- How to use the Visual Studio IDE to locate simple logic errors.
- How to create a method that accepts arguments and returns a value of a specified type.
- How to design and build a simple user interface by using standard controls from the Visual Studio toolbox.
- How to recognize the classes and methods used in a program
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core syntax and features of Visual C#.
- Create methods, handle exceptions, and describe the monitoring requirements of large-scale applications.
- Implement the basic structure and essential elements of a typical desktop application.
- Create classes, define and implement interfaces, and create and use generic collections.
- Use inheritance to create a class hierarchy and to extend a .NET Framework class.
- Read and write data by using file input/output and streams, and serialize and deserialize data in different formats.
- Create and use an entity data model for accessing a database and use LINQ to query data.
- Access and query remote data by using the types in the System.Net namespace and WCF Data Services.
- Build a graphical user interface by using XAML.
- Improve the throughput and response time of applications by using tasks and asynchronous operations.
- Integrate unmanaged libraries and dynamic components into a Visual C# application.
- Examine the metadata of types by using reflection, create and use custom attributes, generate code at runtime, and manage assembly versions.
- Encrypt and decrypt data by using symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
- Module 1: Review of Visual C# Syntax
- Module 2: Creating Methods, Handling Exceptions, and Monitoring ApplicationsDay 2
- Module 3: Developing the Code for a Graphical Application
- Module 4: Creating Classes and Implementing Type-Safe Collections
- Module 5: Creating a Class Hierarchy by Using InheritanceDay 3
- Module 6: Reading and Writing Local Data
- Module 7: Accessing a Database
- Module 8: Accessing Remote DataDay 4
- Module 9: Designing the User Interface for a Graphical Application
- Module 10: Improving Application Performance and Responsiveness
- Module 11: Integrating with Unmanaged CodeDay 5
- Module 12: Creating Reusable Types and Assemblies
- Module 13: Encrypting and Decrypting Data
We understand that things come up. However, when you register for a class, a spot will be reserved for you! You will receive a full refund if you cancel a week before the training class. 80% of the class fees will be refunded if a cancellation occurs more than 3 days from the day of the class and within a week. Cancellations within 3 days of the class will trigger a 50% refund.