CC004841D: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using C#
1-Day Crash Course
$599 Per Student
Please contact us for 2015 dates or to schedule a private class for your group
In this course students will learn basic programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 to 3 months experience creating Windows client applications in c#
- 1 to 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe review the Windows 8.1 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Be introduced to contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Be introduced to tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
- Module 1: Overview of the Windows 8.1 Platform and Windows Store Apps (30 minutes)
- Module 2: Creating User Interfaces Using XAML and Build-in Controls (2 hours)
- Module 3: Handling Files in Windows Store Apps (1 hour)
- Module 4: Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management (1 hour)
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App (30 minutes)
- Module 6: Introduction to Contracts, Tiles and User Notifications (30 minutes)
- Module 7: Introduction to Windows Store App Deployment (30 minutes)
We understand that things come up. However, when you register for a class, a spot will be reserved for you! You will receive a full refund if you cancel a week before the training class. 80% of the class fees will be refunded if a cancellation occurs more than 3 days from the day of the class and within a week. Cancellations within 3 days of the class will trigger a 50% refund.