CC004845D: Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using C# (4.5-Day Class. $2,500.00 per student)
Please contact us for 2015 dates or to schedule a private class for your group
In this course students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Microsoft Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools. This class prepares students to set through the Microsoft 70-484 exam
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 to 3 months experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 to 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
- Course 20483C: Programming in C#, or equivalent knowledge
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe review the Windows 8.1 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
- Module 1: Overview of the Windows 8.1 Platform and Windows Store Apps
- Module 2: Creating User Interfaces Using XAML
- Module 3: Presenting Data
- Module 4: Implementing Layout Using Windows 8.1 Built-In Controls
- Module 5: Handling Files in Windows Store Apps
- Module 6: Windows Store App Process Lifetime Management
- Module 7: Working with Resources, Styles, and Templates
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing Navigation in a Windows Store App
- Module 9: Implementing Windows 8.1 Contracts
- Module 10: Implementing Tiles and User Notifications
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing a Data Access Strategy
Day 5 (half a day)
- Module 12: Responding to Mouse and Touch
- Module 13: Planning for Windows Store App Deployment
We understand that things come up. However, when you register for a class, a spot will be reserved for you! You will receive a full refund if you cancel a week before the training class. 80% of the class fees will be refunded if a cancellation occurs more than 3 days from the day of the class and within a week. Cancellations within 3 days of the class will trigger a 50% refund.