This 4-hour boot camp will introduce to developers the programming skills that are required to start creating Windows applications using the C#.NET language. Students in the online class will review the basics of Visual C# program structure, language syntax, and implementation details. The focus will be on introducing the basic syntax and structure of C# and on introducing the basics of XAML and User Interface development with the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
Before attending this course, students must have at least three months programming experience.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- How to name, declare, initialize and assign values to variables within an application.
- How to create the code syntax for simple programming statements using Visual C# language keywords and recognize syntax errors by using the Visual Studio IDE.
- Arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables.
- Relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions.
- Logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators.
- How to create a simple branching structure using an if statement.
- How to create a simple looping structure using a for statement to iterate through a data array.
- How to use the Visual Studio IDE to locate simple logic errors.
- How to create a method that accepts arguments and returns a value of a specified type.
- How to design and build a simple user interface by using standard controls from the Visual Studio toolbox.
- Understand the basics of XAML and WPF
- Develop basic user interface in WPF